Social Media is not a marketing strategy. It is part of a good strategy, but it should not be considered the entire marketing plan. In Social Media, you have a tool that opens up communication lines between a business and its potential customers. It is a channel that allows people to find all sorts of solutions….your solutions!
Like email or video, Social Media is a place where customers learn about you and your products. It can entertain, educate, guide, and direct people. The problem is that it is built on technology, not just any kind of technology, fluid and, at times, complicated technology.
Social Media, however, doesn’t have to be complicated. It is a language to be learned and a tool that must be implemented to succeed in the 21st century. In other words, it is NOT OPTIONAL.
KEYS TO SOCIAL MEDIA SUCCESS
Most social media strategists would agree that business success has at its core ten social media strategies. For a CBD business, surrounded by a floodgate of competitors, to survive, every digital tool must be employed to help lift your brand from obscurity to success.
Let’s take a look at how social media can be a game-changer.
- It would help if you had Goals. Specific and focused on the particular social media platforms that you are using.
- You need to know your audience. This seems like a no-brainer, but I cannot tell you how many businesses have no clue who they are targeting.
- Platforms. Where is your audience? You want to be there too.
- Expertise. Who is advising you on the language of social media? You need the help of an expert.
- Be consistent. No more valid words were spoken about digital than “be consistent.”
- Who are your influencers? Yes, you have them, and yes, you must encourage them.
- Fans. This is another social media element that is misunderstood and not given the importance it needs, but you must know who they are to grow them.
- Engagement. Here is where most people start. Likes and shares, and comments. Without the other seven elements, this one will fail.
- Data. You have it, and it must be reviewed and measured. How can anyone know if they are doing well without the metrics?
- Social Media is Fluid. It moves fast. It changes. It evolves. You do the above and then repeat and test and never stop.
These social media strategies are quite powerful, but they take time to understand and master. That is why we are focused on them this week.
Learn the Ten Success Principles
Wednesday, digital marketing strategist Maria Bereket will dive into the first few strategies every successful CBD business must implement. This training is a free introduction that will have you walk away with the core principles of success. Register
Then on Friday, she will lead a 2-hour workshop that will have all ten strategies lined up and directed to your CBD business— no matter what stage you are at right now. Register
Social Media is fluid and living. So there is always something new to learn–especially if it could build a bridge to your success!